Skip to main content

Creating First UI Flow

This week we would be looking into our first demo on how to create UI flows using Power Automate Desktop.

Just in case if you are not aware about UI Flows/ Power automate desktop flows. Please refer my previous blogs.

Today we will be creating UI flow that will create an excel file add a few email addresses to it and than send email to respective emails.

What you need to get started, Power Automate Desktop installed in your machine. You can download it form here.

  • Click on New flow from top right corner of the Power Automate Desktop screen. 


  • Now search form Launch Excel action from Actions panel.

  • Drag action to main section. double click on it to open action config section.

  • Similarly drag Create New List.
  • Drag Add item to list and double click it to add email addresses.

Note: You can add more email address to same list that we created earlier.

  • Now drag Write to Excel worksheet and double clock on it to configure properties.



  • Now drag Save Excel action and save excel to a specific location.
  • Now drag Launch Outlook action.
  • Iterate excel worksheet using Loop action.










  • You can use Send Email Message through Outlook action to sent emails.
  • Lets close excel using Close Excel action.
Great! we are ready with our first demo of UI flows.
  • Below is how your complete UI flow will look.











  • You can run flow by clicking on play button on top ribbon on screen.




Now just relax and see the magic happen.

Thanks,
Keyur

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business Data Connectivity

I came to a requirement wherein I was supposed to get data from an 3 rd party portal using API’s and then bring them to SharePoint server. The first approach that I finalized was just to make BDC solution that will get data from 3 rd party portal and will deploy it to SharePoint. How to Create BDC solution in SharePoint? I found below link that is having really great description about hot to create and deploy the BDC solution to SharePoint. http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/uploadfile/hung123/creating-business-data-connectivity-service-using-visual-studio-2010/ After creating an POC I came to know that BDC model cannot be deployed on Multi tenant farm. So what can be done next? After some amount of googling I came to know that we can create BDC solution using WCF services also. So I created a WCF service solution that acted as a wrapper that used to fetch data from the portal. We can them publish that service to IIS or Server and use the servic...

SharePoint hosted apps with Angularjs

Wow.. I thought i won't be able to manage to write a blog this month. Hey guys today i am here with a something of that i have been planning since a long time. Some time back i tried to implement Angularjs with SharePoint. To be frank Angularjs is just awesome. You can have flawless feel while working with it. I don't know how will i manage to work with Angularjs in huge projects but i found it really really good to work with single page applications. Let's have a look to the classic definition of Angularjs that you find when you google for Angularjs. Angularjs "AngularJS is a structural framework for dynamic web apps. It lets you use HTML as your template language and lets you extend HTML's syntax to express your application's components clearly and succinctly. Angular's data binding and dependency injection eliminate much of the code you would otherwise have to write." SharePoint Apps SharePoint Apps, I personally found it more developer...

SPGridView control Example

We normally use asp.net gridview control as substitute to SharePoint gridview Control. Compare to asp.net gridview control SharePoint gridview provides rich functionality. Below two are the reasons that I feel to use SPGridView control instead of asp.net gridview control. 1.        SPGridView is inherit from GridView, so it will have features of GridView and also some special features that suite for SharePoint environment, so for a SharePoint web part, I suggest to use SPGridView. 2.        Also SPGridview control supports built-in SharePoint cascading style sheets, menus, sorting in SharePoint manner. In this blog I will try to show, 1.        Create SPGridView. 2.        Bind data source to SPGridView. 3.        Apply paging to SPGridView. 4.        Allow Filtering. ...